Sunday 11 February 2007

Taking the plunge

I’ve finally taken the plunge, and decided to try out becoming a blogger. I’ve always thought it sounded like something I’d like to give a try, but not been quite sure whether I have the self-discipline to say something reasonably regularly, as well as not being quite sure whether anyone else would really be interested in what I do have to say (and also whether I can stop myself from saying things that I might regret afterwards…). So this is something of a test to try and find out the answers to these questions – so please do see this as a blog which is still ‘in beta’ (as I understand those computer chaps say) – it might not work and so disappear, but if it works I might change and do it a bit more properly.

Credit belongs to Justine McGuinness for giving me a final shove to do this, and also to my blogging paragon, Jon Worth. One of the many things I think that he gets right about his blog is that he keeps all his entries short, and that’s something I hope to emulate.

If you would like to know more about me, there is some information here about some of the things that I do and have done.

While we’re here, other blogs I sometimes look at include:

Lib Dem Voice (though I think it’s a bit doubtful whether it’s really a blog) – I do check it pretty regularly, and I think it benefits from being written by several people
Andy Mayer
Daniela Grech
Jan Seifert
Lib Dem Blogs (an aggregation of them)
Richard Laming

No comments: